Offsetting Costs for LTD Partners
You may believe that your company will save money if it does not provide advocacy until disabled employees have filed for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits on their own and been denied. You’d be wrong:
- Unrepresented SSDI applicants are denied at least 60% of the time
- Typical wait time to obtain an award at the appeals level is 12-24 months.
- The lengthy duration of SSDI claims can mean larger LTD overpayments that are often difficult to recover.
SSDC has many years of experience in working with LTD partners to achieve successful SSDI awards for disabled employees, which in turn facilitates the return of offset savings to your company’s health plan.
Our two primary product offerings in this area include the following:
• Disability Coordination Services
• Disability Overpayment Recovery
Contact us today to find out how we can help your company control its LTD costs.